When you own a car, you need to take care of it. These are the top 10 reasons you’ll need to get your car in Nimey’s New Generation service department.
- Oil/Oil Filter Change – Motor oil keeps your vehicle running smoothly and cleanly, lubricating your engine’s moving parts. Over time, all motor oil becomes dirty and less effective. As a result, it important to change your oil and your oil filter regularly, probably once every 5,000 – 7,000 miles.
- Wiper Blade Replacement – Our Central New York weather can be rough on wiper blades, making them less effective, and decreasing visibility when you need it most. Replace them regularly.
- Brake Work – Brakes are the most important thing stopping you from having an accident. Have your brakes checked regularly, and especially if you hear squealing, scraping, grinding, or your car doesn’t seem to be stopping as quickly as it once did.
- Antifreeze Added – In a nutshell, antifreeze is an additive that lowers the freezing point of your radiator coolant. It not only keeps the water in your radiator from freezing, it also prevents it from boiling. Refer to your owner’s manual as to how often you should change your car’s coolant.
- Air Filter Replacement – Just as with your motor oil filter, your air filter needs to be changed regularly, around every 12,000 miles.
- Battery Replacement – You should routinely check your battery, making sure it is free of corrosion, and that the lead terminals are clean. Have your battery checked every year if your battery is more than three years old.
- Engine Tune-Up – If you see a warning light come on, you should definitely bring your vehicle in for service. Beyond that, older vehicles with non-electronic ignitions should be tuned every 10,000 to 12,000 miles or every year. If your car is newer and has an electronic ignition and fuel injection, then you can go from 25,000 to as many as 100,000 miles without needing a major tune-up.
- Tire Rotation/New Tires – Your tires are the only thing keeping your car on the road. Be sure you have tires suited for the season, and definitely get snow tires for our Central New York winters. Rotating your tires regularly improves your vehicle’s overall performance.
- Wheels Aligned/Balanced – Proper wheel alignment and balancing is essential to avoid unnecessary wear on your tires, steering and suspension.
- Routine Scheduled Maintenance – Routine maintenance is what keeps small problems from turning into big (expensive) problems down the road.
Having any problems with your car? Want to schedule a “check up” for your vehicle? Contact Nimey’s New Generation service department at 315-732-2704 or schedule your appointment HERE.
Find More Tips at Rich Nimey’s New Generation Cars
We hope these tips have been helpful and informative. If you’re looking for any more assistance on the road, check out our blog for more tips and tricks. For those looking for a great used vehicle or any car service, stop in to Rich Nimey’s New Generation Cars for help. You can contact us by phone or in person. Our sales team is happy and ready to help you with all of your automotive needs!